SPRING is here! I liiiive for warm weather. 🙂 You may be thinking about spring festivals…and cookouts. Me too! But spring also reminds me of growth and renewal. Your business website may not be top-of-mind this time of the year – but it should be. Why is your website dying a slow death? If your business has suddenly become stagnant or your website has stopped converting – there are several things you can do to fix it and give your website and business a face-lift. I’ve come up with four action items below that you can do now to refresh your website, enhance your brand and bring a fresh new look and feel to your business right away. Let’s get started!
1. Design a New Logo
A new logo is also a great way to refresh your brand. Maybe you just want to change the colors. Maybe your logo is just typography and you want to add an image element to it. Just a small tweak can make a big difference.
2. Redesign Your Website
Redesigning your website is a great way to bring a fresh new perspective to your business and bring your website out of the dark ages. You can:
- Change colors – Different colors can give your business a whole new look and feel that may appeal more to your target audience.
- Change layout – The new layout may help in displaying new information to your customers needed for a new marketing strategy.
- Update content – Keep your content fresh. Replace outdated content or company information and add new images that will help promote your products or services.
3. Add A Blog
Adding a blog is a proven way to increase traffic to your website. You can put liinks to your blog in your social media posts to lead your followers back to your site and possible keep them there with other engaging content. Adding new content regularly can help your SEO and long-form content has been shown to help as well. You can start out slowly and publish one or two blog posts per month. Then as your viewership grows, increase your blogging to a couple of times per week. Provide a way for your visitors to subscribe to your blog so that they come back each time you publish new content. Create a newsletter as well. You can include a snippet of your latest blog post with a link to your website to view the full article. This all brings traffic back to your website, increases the visibility of your business and the chance to make sales.
4. Tighten Up Your Local SEO
Making your website search engine friendly helps to improve search engine rankings. There are several things you can do to help your search engine optimization.
- Add META data – Meta data consists of keywords and page descriptions that are loaded into your website pages that help search engines like Google index and find your website information when someone does a particular Google search.
- Target the correct keywords – If you haven’t already implemented keywords on your site… What are you waiting for? Think of about 10-15 keywords or keyword phrases that you think your customers would use to search for you on a search engine… i.e. Google you. Your keywords should be sprinkled throughout your website content and blog posts. But don’t just write to stuff your pages with keywords. Remember to write for humans. The content still has to be engaging and helpful to keep your visitors wanting more. Your keywords can also be used in page titles. There are a few tools that are available that you can use to research keywords such as Google’s Keyword Planner (you have to create a Google Adwords account) or Keyword Tool.
- Write Creative Page Descriptions – Make sure you have creative and unique page descriptions created to be displayed on Search Engine Results Pages (SERP – see image above).
- Headers – Make sure the section headers in your content are
<h1>and contain keywords where appropriate.
- Alt Attibutes – Adding alt attributes and description information for your images also help to improve your search engine optimization. This information should be provided in the event an image can not be displayed or your visitor is using a screen reader. If a browser can not find an image, it will display the alt text.
- Page Load Speed – Make sure your website loads lightening fast. You can test and identify ways to make your site faster using tools like Google’s PageSpeed Insights.
- Backlinks – Backlinks are just links from one website to another. Get as many quality and legit backlinks as you possible can. It has been found that the more backlinks you have from different websites the higher the ranking.
These are just a few ways to get a fresher looking and more effective website for your business. Don’t wait for the holidays to roll around to start thinking about website changes. Get ahead of the curve…and your competitors and get it started now! Getting the ball rolling now means you’re one step ahead of the game when the new year rolls in. You can already have a new look on the website and have a new promo, sale or new marketing tactic all set and ready to bring in results on day one!
What issues are you having with your website? What kind of resources do you feel will help you with your website? Leave a comment below and let me know.
Need help with your new look? Send me a quick message on my contact page so we can discuss how I can help.